This week I thought I would share some helpful articles/blogs I read while I’ve read while going through my creative writing/poetry classes, as well as those I’ve found on my own wandering the world wide web.
(See what I did there?)
6 Useful Articles/Blog Posts for Writers
- Tips on finding the right literary magazine and/or journal for submitting your work.
- Things to avoid when submitting.
- Advice on simultaneous submission, and more.
Literary Journal Submissions 101 by Brian A. Klems
- Tips on creating a cover letter for your submissions.
- Includes an example cover letter.
A Definition of Author Platform by Jane Friedman
- An explanation of writer platform and why you should have one.
5 Ways to Build an Author Platform From Scratch by Martin Cavannagh
- Advice on how to go about creating your author platform.
- This advice address book writers (fiction, non-fiction, etc.) more than poets, however it is just as important for a poet to have a platform. Especially if book publishing is part of your plan.
Click to Tweet: How to Add Tweet-able Links to Your Blog Post by Kimberley Grabas
- I have not actually tried this—as I feel like I haven’t really said anything important enough for someone to want to tweet—however I feel like it is useful information.
39 Things to Remember While Struggling to Build Your Writing Career by Kimberley Grabas
- As the title implies, tips and advice on building a writing career.
If you enjoyed this post, give me a ‘Follow’ to stay up to date on future posts.